All swimmers, and those responsible for swimmers, must adhere to the following terms and conditions.
• Full payment is required upon enrolment.
• A place cannot be confirmed unless payment has been made.
• Direct Bank Transfer [LINK to details] is our preferred method of payment. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Penguins’.
• No refunds can be given for cancellation once the course has started.
• Penguins Swimming Lessons reserves the right to change or cancel a course at any time.
• Lessons cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, problems with the swimming pool or teaching staff will be re-arranged at a later date.
• If an instructor is unwell or cannot attend a session, Penguins Swimming Lessons will endeavour to provide a cover teacher.
• Refunds will not be applicable for any swimmers unable to attend the alternative lesson offered.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
• Penguins Swimming Lessons must be informed of any new medical conditions or learning disabilities as early as possible.
• Penguins Swimming Lessons shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or fatality that may occur.
• The swimming pool should not be used by persons who have had a gastric infection, contagious disease or any other illness within the last 48 hours or have consumed food within 1.5 hours.
• All Instructors are qualified and experienced swimming teachers and hold the relevant ASA certificates and CRB checks.
• As some physical contact with your child is unavoidable, all staff adhere to the ASA Child Protection Guidelines and Penguins’ own Child Protection Policies.
• Photography, filming, mobile phone imagery is not permitted at any time in the swimming pool building, due to child protection issues. Mobile phones are not to be used in the building due to the prevalence of camera phones.
• Penguins Swimming Lessons Risk Assessments, Child Protection and Equity Policy are displayed at the pool on the Penguins notice board. These are reviewed every 12 months, or after an incident has occurred.
USE OF THE POOL:
• For the safety of themselves and others, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
• Parents must supervise children less than 8 years at all times in the changing rooms.
• Please be aware that the maximum age limit for a child to enter the changing rooms of the opposite sex is 8 years old.
• Children watching in the spectator area, who are not in the water, must be well supervised by parents at all times and not be allowed to wander the swimming pool building or the grounds of Lancing College.
• Shoes must be removed before going on to pool-side.
DAMAGE OR LOSS:
Penguins Swimming Lessons does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss of property or articles left on the premises.
• In the event of an emergency the person in charge will blow three blasts on a whistle. All swimmers and spectators will immediately stop what they are doing and wait quietly for further instructions.
• Should it be necessary to clear the pool, when the instruction is given, all swimmers will move to the sides of the pool, leave the water and stand back from the side. Swimmers will remain standing at all times.
• If it is necessary to evacuate the building no attempt should be made to recover possessions from the changing rooms or anywhere else within the building. The evacuation meeting point is the main car park on the side by the playing field.
• In all instances a member of staff will take charge.[/one_half]